A series of short, informal concerts programmed and introduced by our musicians at CBSO Centre
We are so excited to welcome you back to CBSO Centre after an 18-month absence! Centre Stage is an opportunity for our players to present you with virtuosic and musical masterpieces of the chamber music repertoire and this season has been programmed with great enthusiasm! In the 2021/22 season we welcome back Centre Stage regulars such as the CBSO Baroque and Cello ensembles. We will also be presenting some daring and more unusual programmes – our wonderful percussion section will explore an adventurous all-American programme alongside Royal Birmingham Conservatoire students, some of our strings will present a Scottish/Hungarian fusion concert and our wind section will examine the magnificent music of Poulenc. These sit amongst numerous other marvellous concerts, and we also look forward to working with many guest artists throughout the season.
CBSO Viola & Centre Stage Co-ordinator
Brahms String Sextet
Britten, Crusell and Gipps
CBSO Baroque Ensemble
Three Trios: Bax, Weinberg and Debussy
CBSO Percussion Ensemble
- Due to the unreserved nature of these performances, there will be more seats available than tickets sold – allowing you to distance yourselves from others should you wish to.
- Performances start at 2pm (except on 3 December when it's 12pm) and prior to the concert, we will be offering a selection of delicious cakes and your choice of tea or coffee. These will be available to buy from 1pm until 2pm.
- Unless exempt, we ask that you wear a face-covering at all times (including during the performance).
- Performance durations vary, but are generally under an hour with no interval.
- Programmes will be available as downloadable pdfs – they will be added to our website at least 24 hours before the performance.
Tickets cost £10 and can be booked online or by phone, with box office phone lines (0121 780 3333) open Monday-Saturday from 10am – 2pm.