Price: £13 - £55
inc. per ticket commission
- Miller La Donna, 10′ ((UK Premiere) 6 October only)
- Mozart Idomeneo Overture, 6′ (7 October only)
- Britten Violin Concerto, 32′
- Beethoven Symphony No.6 (Pastoral), 40′
Even Beethoven needed to relax sometimes, and from cheerful opening to serene finish, his lovely “Pastoral” symphony is pure refreshment for the spirit. It’s quite a contrast to Britten’s powerful violin concerto, performed today by the fearless James Ehnes. First, though, we’re making history: as Finnegan Downie Dear conducts the UK premiere of Cassandra Miller’s extraordinary La Donna.
Tickets can be booked:
By phone - the phone lines (0121 780 3333) are open Monday-Saturday 10am – 2pm.
In person - the box office counter at Symphony Hall is now open again Monday-Saturday 10am – 6pm.
Please note that for the Autumn Concert Season we will be selling a mixture of standard and socially-distanced seating in Symphony Hall as follows:
- Stalls & Terraces - Standard
- Circle - Standard
- Upper Circle - Socially distanced
- Grand Tier - Socially distanced
The following discounts are available for this performance:
- Wheelchair User or Disabled Patron if they need assistance of a companion/helper, the helper ticket is free.
- Benefit recipient discount. If you receive income support, job seeker’s allowance, universal credit, pension credit or personal independence payment you can book one ticket per performance at the special rate of £13. Please note, you may be asked to present the form of ID used to claim the tickets on arrival at Symphony Hall.
- Child aged 17 and under / School & Youth group tickets - £5
- Full time Student tickets - £5
- Those aged 18-30 can book tickets for £10
- Groups: 20% discount for groups of 8+, free reservation facility. For accompanied children aged 17 or under, the child ticket price applies instead of the 20% discount. 2 free tickets when you buy 20+ tickets for one concert. Click here for more information about group bookings.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.