Price: £12.50 - £46
inc. per ticket commission
- Walton Johannesburg Festival Overture, 7′
- Elgar In The South (Alassio), 19′
- Wood London Cameos: Suite, 15′
- Farnon Lake Of The Woods, 8′
- Ireland Great Things, 2′
- German Romeo and Juliet: Nocturne, 5′
- Coates I Heard You Singing, 3′
- Vaughan Williams Silent Noon, 5′
- Delius Fennimore and Gerda: Intermezzo, 3′
- Ireland Sea Fever, 3′
- Sullivan The Yeomen of the Guard: Overture, 5′
- Ellis Coronation Scot, 3′
- Wood Rose of Picardy, 3′
- Stanford The Old Superb, 2′
You can hum the tunes – but you can’t quite put a name to them. So today’s the day to rediscover a lost world of British music. Light Programme melodies from Roses of Picardy to Coronation Scot mingle with great British classics by Elgar, Delius and Walton and songs and parlour ballads that never get old, sung with love by the wonderful Roderick Williams. They’ll come up fresh as a daisy under John Wilson’s sparkling baton.
Part of The Spirit of England.
CBSO+ 1pm: Professor Rachel Cowgill, Head of Music & Drama from the University of Huddersfield, reflects how the British identity is captured and portrayed in music.
Afternoon Tea with John Wilson
For 2016-17 CBSO Concerts and non-CBSO events administered by THSH, the ticket price above includes a per-ticket commission. (£3 on phone and in-person transactions, £2.50 online - save 50p per ticket)