Price: £12.50 - £46
inc. per ticket commission
- Walton Johannesburg Festival Overture, 7′
- Elgar In The South (Alassio), 19′
- Wood London Cameos: Suite, 15′
- Farnon Lake Of The Woods, 8′
- Ireland Great Things, 2′
- German Romeo and Juliet: Nocturne, 5′
- Coates I Heard You Singing, 3′
- Vaughan Williams Silent Noon, 5′
- Delius Fennimore and Gerda: Intermezzo, 3′
- Ireland Sea Fever, 3′
- Sullivan The Yeomen of the Guard: Overture, 5′
- Ellis Coronation Scot, 3′
- Wood Rose of Picardy, 3′
- Stanford The Old Superb, 2′
You can hum the tunes – but you can’t quite put a name to them. So today’s the day to rediscover a lost world of British music. Light Programme melodies from Roses of Picardy to Coronation Scot mingle with great British classics by Elgar, Delius and Walton and songs and parlour ballads that never get old, sung with love by the wonderful Roderick Williams. They’ll come up fresh as a daisy under John Wilson’s sparkling baton.
Part of The Spirit of England.
CBSO+ 1pm: CBSO Director of Concerts Zoe Smith will interview Roderick Williams on the afternoon's programme.
Afternoon Tea with John Wilson
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Mozart’s Women: Ex CathedraSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Sacred DebussySymphony Hall, Birmingham
Marvellous MozartSymphony Hall, Birmingham