inc. per ticket commission
- Britten Phantasy Quartet
- Crusell Clarinet Quartet
- Gipps Quintet for Wind and Strings
Get closer to our musicians and discover one of Birmingham’s best kept musical secrets: a series of short, informal concerts programmed and introduced by our musicians at CBSO Centre.
A programme full of child prodigies, this concert celebrates the work of Britten, whilst highlighting the lesser-known Crusell and Gipps. Britten's Phantasy Quartet was premiered by the BBC when the composer was still just 18 years old, whilst Crusell was appointed to his first major post (as director of the regimental band) at 16. Gipps, on the other hand, eclipsed both, publishing the first of her compositions aged only 8.
Tickets can be booked:
By phone - the phone lines (0121 780 3333) are open Monday-Saturday 10am – 2pm.
In person - the box office counter at Symphony Hall is now open again Monday-Saturday 10am – 6pm.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Due to the unreserved nature of these performances, there will be more seats available than tickets sold – allowing you to distance yourselves from others should you wish to.
- Unless exempt, we ask that you wear a face-covering at all times (including during the performance).
- Programmes will be available as downloadable pdfs – they will be available on our website at least 24 hours before the performance.
Regular past attenders of Centre Stage performances might like to know that the format of these has changed slightly as follows:
- Performances now start at 2pm (except on 3 December when it's 12pm) and whilst we will no longer be selling soup and sandwiches prior to the concert, we will be offering a selection of delicious cakes and your choice of tea or coffee. These will be available to buy from 1pm until 2pm.
- Performance durations vary, but are generally under an hour with no interval.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.