Price: £13 - £52
inc. per ticket commission
- Strauss Also sprach Zarathustra (opening from 2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Mascagni Intermezzo from Cavalleria rusticana (The Godfather: Part III)
- Handel La Réjouissance (The Madness of King George)
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto: Adagio (Out of Africa)
- Wagner The Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
- Barber Adagio for Strings (Platoon)
- Puccini Un Bel Di (Madame Butterfly)
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2 (Brief Encounter)
- Mozart Marriage of Figaro Overture (Trading Places)
- Rossini Overture to William Tell (The Lone Ranger)
- Elgar Enigma Variations: Nimrod (Dunkirk)
- Offenbach Can Can (Moulin Rouge)
- Puccini O mio babbino caro from Gianni Schicci (Room with a View)
- Strauss On the Beautiful Blue Danube: Waltzes (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Verdi Overture to La forza del destino (Jean de Florette, Manon des Sources)
- Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture (V For Vendetta )
You know that moment at the cinema when you realise that you’ve heard that tune before, but you can’t quite put your finger on it? Well, tonight, we reveal all, in the sensational 3D sound of the full CBSO. You might think of the music of Elgar, Puccini and Barber as the soundtracks to Dunkirk, Fatal Attraction and Platoon – but it sounds even better when you hear it for real!
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Mozart and BrahmsSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Rattle conducts Beethoven’s Ninth: CBSO fundraising concertSymphony Hall, Birmingham
John Wilson: A Pastoral SymphonySymphony Hall, Birmingham