Price: £13 - £52
inc. per ticket commission
- Strauss Also sprach Zarathustra (opening) (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Mascagni Intermezzo from Cavalleria rusticana (The Godfather: Part III)
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto: Adagio (Out of Africa)
- Handel La Réjouissance (The Madness of King George)
- Strauss On the Beautiful Blue Danube; Waltzes (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Wagner The Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
- Verdi Overture to La forza del destino (Jean de Florette, Manon des Sources)
- Barber Adagio for Strings (Platoon)
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2 (Brief Encounter)
- Mozart Marriage of Figaro Overture (Trading Places)
- Elgar Enigma Variations: Nimrod (Dunkirk)
- Rossini Overture to William Tell (The Lone Ranger)
- Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture (V For Vendetta )
You know that moment at the cinema when you realise that you’ve heard that tune before, but you can’t quite put your finger on it? Well, tonight, we reveal all, in the sensational 3D sound of the full CBSO. You might think of the music of Elgar, Puccini and Barber as the soundtracks to Dunkirk, Fatal Attraction and Platoon – but it sounds even better when you hear it for real!
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Sheku plays ElgarSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Saint Saëns: Organ Symphony - CBSO Benevolent Fund ConcertSymphony Hall, Birmingham
CBSO Ultimate Playlist with Classic FM
Friday Night ClassicsSymphony Hall, Birmingham