Price: £12 Group of 4: £38
This concert is also available as part of a Debussy Festival Pass. Learn more…
- Debussy (orch. Abrahamsen) Children's Corner:
- Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum
- Jimbo’s Lullaby
- The Snow is Dancing
- The Little Shepherd
- Debussy (orch. André Caplet) La Boite à joujoux (The Toy Box):
- Prelude: The Sleeping Toyshop
- Tableau 1: Dances of the Dolls
- Tableau 2: Love and War
- Tableau 4: Twenty Years Later
- Epilogue: The Sleeping Toyshop
- Debussy La Mer: Dialogue du vent et de la mer (Dialogue of the wind and the sea)
Debussy loved children, and he wrote some of his loveliest and most fantastical music specially to entertain them. In this concert for all the family, Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla, Catherine Arlidge and the whole CBSO show how he used music to tell wonderful stories. You’ll hear incredible sounds, and see some beautiful pictures too. In fact, it’ll be a treat whatever your age – as long as you’re ready to use your imagination!
FREE craft activities in the foyer from 12.30pm. Concert is 1 hour long with no interval.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Faithful JourneySymphony Hall, Birmingham
Weinberg and ShostakovichSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Buchbinder plays BrahmsSymphony Hall, Birmingham