Price: £13 - £55
inc. per ticket commission
- Arnold English Dances
- Binge Elizabethan Serenade
- Coates By the Sleepy Lagoon (Desert Island Discs)
- Coleridge-Taylor Othello Suite
- Delius On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring
- Elgar Pomp & Circumstance No. 4
- Foulds Keltic Lament
- Goodwin Miss Marple theme
- Grainger Handel in the Strand
- Ketèlbey In a Monastery Garden
- Smyth The Wreckers: Overture
- Sullivan Overture di Ballo
- Vaughan Williams Fantasia on Greensleeves
- Walton Façade Suite
- Wood Barwick Green (The Archers)
It’s springtime in England; and what happier way to celebrate it than with this deliciously tuneful concert? Some of these pieces are household names, others are the kind of melodies you’re always humming but can’t put a name to. And they’ve all got a connection to the CBSO’s century of history – from the fizzy overture that Sullivan wrote (without Gilbert) for the Birmingham Festival and the lush In a Monastery Garden by Albert W Ketèlbey – still the greatest composer to be born in Aston – to the theme tune from The Archers (produced right here in Brum). You know them, you love them: now enjoy tune after gloriously hummable tune, coming up fresh as a daisy under the sparkling baton of Michael Seal.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Osmo Vänskä: Sibelius and BeethovenSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Brahms: Symphony No. 1–Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Handel's MessiahSymphony Hall, Birmingham