Price: £12 This concert is also available as part of a Debussy Festival Pass. Learn more…
- Debussy (orch. Matthews) Préludes: La puerta del vino
- General Lavine - Eccentric
- Minstrels, 10′
- Britten The Prince of the Pagodas: Pas de six, 8′
- Ravel Mother Goose: Suite
- III: Laideronette, Empress of the Pagodas
- V: Le Jardin féerique, 8′
- Debussy Images, 35′ (played by CBSO Youth Orchestra)
Debussy was one of the first western composers to appreciate music from other cultures – and what he heard opened up new realms of sonic enchantment. Today’s concert travels from an imagined China to modern Japan. We’ll hear gamelans, monsoons and temple bells before Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla takes our superb Youth Orchestra on a journey to the Spain of Debussy’s dreams: in the visionary Images.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Mirga conducts ShostakovichSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Gidon Kremer: Weinberg’s Violin ConcertoSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Mirga conducts The Firebird–Symphony Hall, Birmingham