Price: £12 This concert is also available as part of a Debussy Festival Pass. Learn more…
- Debussy (orch. Matthews) Préludes: La puerta del vino
- General Lavine - Eccentric
- Minstrels, 10′
- Britten The Prince of the Pagodas: Pas de six, 8′
- Ravel Mother Goose: Suite
- III: Laideronette, Empress of the Pagodas
- V: Le Jardin féerique, 8′
- Debussy Images, 35′ (played by CBSO Youth Orchestra)
Debussy was one of the first western composers to appreciate music from other cultures – and what he heard opened up new realms of sonic enchantment. Today’s concert travels from an imagined China to modern Japan. We’ll hear gamelans, monsoons and temple bells before Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla takes our superb Youth Orchestra on a journey to the Spain of Debussy’s dreams: in the visionary Images.
You might also like ...
Dvořák Piano Quintet
Centre StageFriday 16 September, 2.00pmCBSO Centre, Birmingham
Wind and Strings
Centre StageFriday 23 September, 2.00pmCBSO Centre, Birmingham
ClassicalWednesday 28 September, 2.15pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham