Price: £12 This concert is also available as part of a Debussy Festival Pass. Learn more…
- Debussy (orch. Matthews) Préludes: La puerta del vino
- General Lavine - Eccentric
- Minstrels, 10′
- Britten The Prince of the Pagodas: Pas de six, 8′
- Ravel Mother Goose: Suite
- III: Laideronette, Empress of the Pagodas
- V: Le Jardin féerique, 8′
- Debussy Images, 35′ (played by CBSO Youth Orchestra)
Debussy was one of the first western composers to appreciate music from other cultures – and what he heard opened up new realms of sonic enchantment. Today’s concert travels from an imagined China to modern Japan. We’ll hear gamelans, monsoons and temple bells before Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla takes our superb Youth Orchestra on a journey to the Spain of Debussy’s dreams: in the visionary Images.
You might also like ...
A Covid RequiemSaturday 6 November, 7.00pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Mirga conducts The Cunning Little VixenTuesday 16 November, 7.00pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham
John Wilson conducts RachmaninoffWednesday 1 December, 2.15pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham