Price: £13 - £55
inc. per ticket commission
- Gershwin Porgy and Bess: Symphonic Picture, 23′
- Glazunov Violin Concerto, 21′
- Rachmaninoff Symphony No.3, 38′
After Rachmaninoff left Russia for exile in America he poured all his nostalgia – and hope - into his soaring, bittersweet Third Symphony. No-one conducts this music with more flair than John Wilson: add Gershwin at his most tuneful and violinist Ning Feng in the sumptuous violin concerto by the composer they called “the Russian Mendelssohn”, and…well, this could get emotional.
Tickets can be booked:
By phone - the phone lines (0121 780 3333) are open Monday-Saturday 10am – 2pm.
In person - the box office counter at Symphony Hall is now open again Monday-Saturday 10am – 6pm.
Please note that for the Autumn Concert Season we will be selling a mixture of standard and socially-distanced seating in Symphony Hall as follows:
- Stalls & Terraces - Standard
- Circle - Standard
- Upper Circle - Socially distanced
- Grand Tier - Socially distanced
1.30pm Members' reception. Booking required.
The following discounts are available for this performance:
- Wheelchair User or Disabled Patron if they need assistance of a companion/helper, the helper ticket is free.
- Benefit recipient discount. If you receive income support, job seeker’s allowance, universal credit, pension credit or personal independence payment you can book one ticket per performance at the special rate of £13. Please note, you may be asked to present the form of ID used to claim the tickets on arrival at Symphony Hall.
- Child aged 17 and under / School & Youth group tickets - £5
- Full time Student tickets - £5
- Those aged 18-30 can book tickets for £10
- Groups: 20% discount for groups of 8+, free reservation facility. For accompanied children aged 17 or under, the child ticket price applies instead of the 20% discount. 2 free tickets when you buy 20+ tickets for one concert. Click here for more information about group bookings.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Viennese New YearSunday 9 January, 3.00pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham