Price: £6 To book call 0800 358 7070 or email groupbookings@thsh.
Booking is open to schools and home school groups only.
- Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique: March to the Scaffold, 5′
- Pärt Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten, 6′
- Prokofiev Suite No. 1 from Romeo and Juliet - Death of Tybalt, 4′
- Tchaikovsky Nutcracker: Pas de Deux, 5′
- Nielsen Symphony No.4 (excerpts from final movement), 5′
Joy, terror, deep calm and edge-of-the seat thrills – the symphony orchestra is the greatest machine ever invented for expressing human emotion. And in this hour-long Schools’ Concert , specially devised for students in Key Stage Three, conductor Michael Seal, presenter Tim Redmond and 80 world-class musicians won’t hold back, as Berlioz, Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky and Arvo Pärt wear their hearts on their sleeves!
These concerts have been made possible with generous support from the CBSO Development Trust's private endowment fund. The CBSO is grateful to the Clive and Sylvia Richards Charity, Principal Supporter of the CBSO’s work with young people.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.