Price: £13 - £48
inc. per ticket commission
- Mozart God is our refuge K 20, 1′
- Mozart Solfeggio No.2 K 393, 3′
- Mozart Der Hölle Rache (Queen of the Night) from The Magic Flute, 2′
- Mozart No, che non sei capace k 419 , 4′
- Mozart Deh vieni, non tardar from The Marriage of Figaro , 3′
- Mozart Laudate Dominum K.339, 5′
- Mozart Litaniae Lauretanae K.195, 28′
- Mozart Mass in C minor (Great) K.427: Kyrie, Gloria & Et incarnatus est , 43′
- Mozart Ave verum corpus K 618, 3′
Throughout his career, Mozart worked with – and was inspired by – some of the greatest sopranos of his day. This concert showcases the music Mozart wrote for them – from the sparkling arias that he tailored to their voices “like a well-cut suit”, to the great Mass setting with which he celebrated his marriage.
Pre-concert talk 2.45pm: With Jane Glover, conductor and author of Mozart’s Women: His Family, His Friends, His Music. Copies of Jane’s book will be available to buy at the discounted price of £13 from the Level 3 foyer and Jane will be available to sign copies between the pre-concert talk and the start of the concert.
This concert has two intervals of 20 minutes and 10 minutes.
Tickets can be purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package or Ex Cathedra subscription series. Discounts may vary – please check when booking.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Exotic DebussySymphony Hall, Birmingham
Tombeau de DebussySymphony Hall, Birmingham
Rudolf Buchbinder: SchumannSymphony Hall, Birmingham