Price: £13 - £48
inc. per ticket commission
- Mozart Der Hölle Rache (Queen of the Night) from The Magic Flute , 3′
- Mozart Deh vieni, non tardar from The Marriage of Figaro , 3′
- Mozart Laudate Dominum K.339, 5′
- Mozart Litaniae Lauretanae K.195, 28′
- Mozart Mass in C minor (Great) K.427: Kyrie, Gloria & Et incarnatus est , 43′
Throughout his career, Mozart worked with – and was inspired by – some of the greatest sopranos of his day. This concert showcases the music Mozart wrote for them – from the sparkling arias that he tailored to their voices “like a well-cut suit”, to the great Mass setting with which he celebrated his marriage.
Pre-concert talk 2.45pm: With Jane Glover,conductor and author of Mozart’s Women: HisFamily, His Friends, His Music.
This concert can be purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package or Ex Cathedra subscription series. Discounts may vary – please check when booking.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13, with the exception of tickets purchased as part of a CBSO concert package.
You might also like ...
Viennese New YearSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Bartók's Concerto for Orchestra–Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Rachmaninov's Second–Symphony Hall, Birmingham