- Debussy (orch. Matthews) La cathédrale engloutie, 5′
- Bach Organ solo, 10′
- Messiaen O Sacrum Convivium, 5′
- Messiaen Dieu parmi nous, 10′
- Debussy Danse sacrée et danse profane, 9′
- Debussy Le Martyre de Saint Sébastien, 35′
Debussy said that “I have made mysterious Nature my religion”. But a very personal spirituality illuminates everything he wrote; an enduring inspiration to his disciple Messiaen and proof that profundity and passion can go hand in hand – though the gorgeous, enigmatic Le Martyre de Saint Sébastien caused a scandal when it was first performed. Music to ravish the senses as well as the soul.
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
A Covid RequiemSaturday 6 November, 7.00pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Mirga conducts The Cunning Little VixenTuesday 16 November, 7.00pmSymphony Hall, Birmingham