- Debussy Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune, 10′
- Debussy Trois chansons de Charles d'Orléans, 6′
- Debussy La Damoiselle élue, 21′
- Szymanowski Love songs of Hafiz, Op.26 Nos. 1, 3 and 2, 12′
- Debussy Nocturnes, 25′
- Wagner Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde, 17′
Claude Debussy was born in an era intoxicated with colour and emotion – when poetry, paintings and a singular imagination came together to create new worlds of sonic beauty. Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla launches our centenary celebration with a concert devoted to Debussy, his followers and his influences at their most deliriously romantic, beginning with the piece that changed everything: the exquisite Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune.
Image: Billy Fallows
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
A Child of our TimeSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Sheku plays ElgarSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Alison Balsom plays MusgraveSymphony Hall, Birmingham