Price: £12.50 - £50
inc. per ticket commission
- Britten Spring Carol from A Ceremony of Carols, 1′
- Vivaldi Spring from The Four Seasons; Movement 1, 10′
- Coates Noonday Song from Springtime Suite, 5′
- J. Strauss II Voices of Spring; Waltzes, 6′
- Grainger Country Gardens, 3′
- Vaughan Williams The Wasps: Overture, 9′
- Vaughan Williams Three Children's Songs For A Spring Festival, 6′
- Britten The Cuckoo from Friday Afternoons, 2′
- Elgar Chanson de Matin, 3′
- Copland Appalachian Spring Suite; Movement 2, 3′
- Beethoven Symphony No. 6 (Pastoral); Movement 1, 12′
- Grieg Peer Gynt Suite No. 1: 'Morning', 5′
- Copland Simple Gifts from Old American Songs Set 1, 2′
- Tchaikovsky Nutcracker Suite: 3. Waltz of the Flowers, 7′
- Delius On Hearing the First Cuckoo In Spring, 6′
Spring is in the air! And the sap’s certainly rising here at Symphony Hall, as we celebrate the season with a concert filled with everything that’s fresh, bright and bursting with life. Classic FM’s Anne-Marie Minhall is our guide: from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons and Strauss’ Voices of Spring to Elgar’s Chanson de Matin and Vaughan Williams’ The Wasps, this is music to send you home whistling the tunes – and with a spring in your step!
Part of The Spirit of England.
Spring Classics in Reading
This event is sold by THSH Box Office. The THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13, with the exception of tickets purchased as part of a CBSO concert package.