Price: £13 - £55
inc. per ticket commission
- Nicolai Overture ‘The Merry Wives of Windsor’, 8′
- J. Strauss II Künstlerleben op. 316 , 9′
- Charpentier Louise, Act III: Depuis Le Jour, 5′
- J. Strauss Sphärenklänge waltz , 9′
- Dvořák 'Song to the Moon' from Rusalka, 6′
- J. Strauss II Perpetuum mobile, 3′
- J. Strauss II Auf der Jagd; Polka Schnell , 3′
- J. Strauss II Overture: Eine Nacht in Venedig , 7′
- J. Strauss Emperor; Waltzes , 11′
- Stolz Du sollst der Kaise meiner seele sein, 4′
- Lehar "Meine Lippen, sie küssen so heiss" from Giuditta , 5′
- J. Strauss Czárdás from 'Ritter Pásmán', 9′
- J. Strauss II On the Beautiful Blue Danube: Waltzes, 9′
Vienna, city of dreams…as sweet as a slice of sachertorte and as fizzy as champagne, it simply wouldn’t be New Year without the music of Johann Strauss and friends! There’ll be elegant waltzes, playful polkas, and good old-fashioned operetta romance. So let the CBSO and maestro Thomas Rösner whirl you back to a more glamorous age, as we raise a glass to the start of another great year of music. Prosit!
For events sold by THSH Box Office, the THSH per-ticket commission of £3 (£2.50 for online bookings) is included in the price of every individual ticket priced over £13. Tickets purchased as part of a CBSO Concert Package are exempt. For full details see cbso.co.uk/terms.
You might also like ...
Respighi’s Roman Trilogy–Symphony Hall, Birmingham
CBSO Youth Orchestra: Elgar’s Symphony No. 1
Youth OrchestraSymphony Hall, Birmingham
Walton’s Viola ConcertoSymphony Hall, Birmingham