One cello sounds gorgeous. So imagine the mouthwatering sonic decliciousness when a whole team of them play in close harmony.
It’s like dark chocolate for the ears, and today the CBSO’s cello section has a story to tell, with melodious musical tales from Ravel, Puccini, Tchaikovsky, and many more. You already know the tunes (and the stories) – hear them get the deluxe treatment!
About Centre Stage: Cello Ensemble
- Suppé arr. Gwyn Seymour, Light Cavalry Overture
- Puccini arr. Gerardo Aponte Cupido, Suite Tosca
- Schubert arr. Sheryl Smith, Erlkönig
- Humperdinck arr. Martin Jones and Helen Edgar, Hansel and Gretel, the Evening Prayer
- Tchaikovsky arr. Gwyn Seymour, Nutcracker Suite - Overture Miniature, March, Trepak