- Application Deadline
- Interviews: w/c
This role works as part of the Marketing Team on the development and delivery of creative marketing campaigns to achieve ticket income targets for the CBSO’s concerts at Symphony Hall, Birmingham and to support its audience development, outreach, learning and engagement programmes. This is an exciting time to join the CBSO’s busy Marketing Department as the Orchestra explores new ways to connect with its audiences digitally, and to plan for the safe return of audiences to live events. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar marketing role, and be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong understanding of current marketing trends, techniques and best practice.
Despite the restrictions of Covid-19 the orchestra has bold plans to continue making music, in person and digitally in order to fulfil its mission of bringing music to the widest possible audience.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV of no more than two pages (including a note of your current salary) together with the names of two referees and a succinct covering letter explaining why you think you are our ideal candidate to:
Birmingham B1 2LF
If you have any queries relating to the application process, please contact Hollie Dunster, HR Manager, on 0121 616 6515.
If you would like to know more about the CBSO or the job itself, please feel free to contact Maria Howes, Interim Head of Marketing on email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation.
- Degree or a relevant professional qualification, e.g. CIM Diploma in Marketing.
- Experience in using website CMS systems, email marketing and social media.
- Demonstrable success in a previous similar marketing role.
- Experience in planning and executing customer facing marketing campaigns; including working with designers and printers in the production of printed collateral, managing print distribution/direct mail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and reliable with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable conducting analysis using data.
- Self-starter who can work under their own initiative and needs minimal oversight to achieve goals.
- Able to prioritise, handle multiple simultaneous tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and a passion for classical music
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Google analytics
- Experience of using Tessitura or similar ticketing/database systems
The CBSO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.