Sub-Principal (No.5) First Violin Annual salary £34,987; Tutti First Violin Annual salary £31,292
- Application closing date
We are recruiting for the following positions in the First Violin Section:
- Sub-Principal (No.5) First Violin, will play as required by orchestration, sitting up to no2 as required.
- Tutti First Violin, will play as required by orchestration, sitting up to no2 as required.
As well as having the opportunity to play in the CBSO’s Chamber Music series Centre Stage, the CBSO offer a range of Continuous Professional Development opportunities to its musicians which includes work across the CBSO’s Learning and Participation Programme: Music & Ability (Disability Provision), Higher Education, Developing Talent, Families, Youth & Communities, Youth Orchestra and Choruses.
Candidates should have experience of performing in symphony orchestras and evidence through their CV of excellence in performance in a professional context. The CBSO will also consider candidates who are in the early stages of their career and can clearly demonstrate their potential to fulfil the role.
How to apply
Please complete and return your application form and an equal opportunities form to:
Alan Johnson, Assistant Orchestra Manager
- By post: CBSO, CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham B1 2LF
- Email: email@example.com
You may also optionally include a CV with your application.
- Highly reputable classical music training
- Recent orchestral experience as a professional violinist
- Commitment to delivering a very high standard of work
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive working relationships including with other members of the orchestra and the management / administrative team
- Respect for others demonstrated by being fully prepared to play at the start of every session
- Ability to understand and to speak English
- Proven expertise in a broad range of musical and performance activities including education work and chamber music
- Considerable recent orchestral experience as a professional violinist.
- Work commitment for Sub-Principal position 206 days.
- Work commitment for Tutti position 210 days.
Applicants MUST have proof of immediate, ongoing and valid eligibility to work full time in the UK and travel within the EEA without sponsorship.
The CBSO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.