£36,364 / annum
- Application Deadline (Audition Dates TBC)
The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Principal Harp.
The Principal Harpist will play as required by orchestration and as required within the terms of the CBSO/MU contract. Annual salary is £36,364.
The CBSO offer a range of Continuous Professional Development opportunities to its musicians which includes work across the CBSO’s Learning & Participation Programme: Music & Ability (Disability Provision), Higher Education, Developing Talent, Families, Youth & Communities, Youth Orchestra and Choruses as well as chamber music opportunities.
Candidates should have experience of performing in symphony orchestras and evidence through their CV of excellence in performance in a professional context. The CBSO will also consider candidates who are in the early stages of their career and can clearly demonstrate their potential to fulfil the role.
The CBSO owns a Horngacher Harp, which may be used by the CBSO Harpist.
How to apply
Please complete and return your application and equal opportunities form to:
Rachel Lockwood, Assistant Orchestra Manager
By post: CBSO, CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham B1 2LF
You may also optionally include a CV with your application.
- Highly reputable classical music training
- Recent orchestral experience as a professional harpist
- Commitment to delivering a very high standard of work
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive working relationships including with other members of the orchestra and the management / administrative team
- Respect for others demonstrated by being fully prepared to play at the start of every session
- Ability to understand and to speak English
- Proven expertise in a broad range of musical and performance activities including chamber music and solo performance
- Willingness to engage in the orchestra’s Learning & Participation / Education programmes