£37,364 / annum
- Application Deadline
Auditions to be held in early September 2019.
The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Principal Second Bassoon to its woodwind section.
The Principal Second Bassoon will play as required by orchestration and will sit up to Section Leader as required. The annual salary is £37,364. The CBSO tune to A440Hz.
How to apply
Please complete and return your application form and an equal opportunities form to:
Isabel Turienzo, Assistant Orchestra Manager
By post: CBSO, CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham B1 2LF
You may also optionally include a CV with your application.
- Highly reputable classical music training
- Commitment to delivering a very high standard of work
- Innovative and creative character with a broad outlook focused on enhancing the artistic quality of the CBSO and the CBSO woodwind section
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive working relationships including with other members of the orchestra and the management / administrative team
- Respect for others demonstrated by being fully prepared to play at the start of every session
- Ability to understand and to speak English
- Proven expertise in a broad range of musical and performance activities including education work and chamber music
- Recent orchestral experience as a professional bassoonist
The CBSO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.