- Application Deadline
Principal Second Horn will play as a full-time member of the horn section as required by orchestration.
The CBSO offer a range of Continuous Professional Development opportunities for its musicians, which includes the opportunity to engage with the CBSO’s Learning and Participation Programme The L&P programme works with a broad and diverse range of participants through projects in primary, secondary and special schools, care settings and community venues. We support talented young musicians through our partnership projects with the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, the CBSO Youth Orchestra, a training orchestra and side-by-side orchestra days.
In addition there are chamber music opportunities in our player-led Centre Stage series and small ensemble performances for a range of different audiences at the CBSO Centre and across the region.
The CBSO is an equal opportunity organisation; We provide career opportunities for all orchestral musicians in the UK as well as internationally, we value diversity in our organisation and welcome applications from everyone.
How to apply
Please complete and return your application form and an equal opportunities form to:
- Email: email@example.com
- By post: CBSO, CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham B1 2LF
You may also optionally include a CV with your application.
• Highly reputable classical music training
• Recent orchestral experience as a professional horn player
• Commitment to delivering a very high standard of work
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under pressure
• Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
• Ability to develop positive working relationships including with other members of the orchestra and the management / administrative team
• Respect for others demonstrated by being fully prepared to play at the start of every session
• Ability to understand and to speak English
• Proven expertise in a broad range of musical and performance activities including education work and chamber music
• Considerable recent orchestral experience as a professional horn player
- Alan Johnson
The contract allows for non-orchestral work to be delivered in contract whilst always prioritising the work of the members in the orchestra.
The CBSO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.