- Application Deadline
The CBSO is seeking to appoint an additional section leader for the Second Violin section. The successful candidate will share the responsibilities with the current section leader Peter Campbell-Kelly. In addition to performance, the two section leaders with jointly manage the section, attend auditions, sit on recruitment panels and attend Section Leader meetings. The two section leaders will share the leading responsibilities and will work together, sharing the front desk as required.
The current section is as follows:
Section Leader: Peter Campbell-Kelly, vacant
Principal: Moritz Pfister
Sub-Principals: Catherine Arlidge, Amy Jones, Charlotte Skinner Plus eight tutti positions.
How to apply
To apply to for this position, please fill in the attached application form and send to email@example.com. You may also submit a CV to support your application.
Please note that our shortlisting process is anonymous, so your CV will be redacted to remove any personal details. Please ensure your CV does not have excessive references to your name or personal details.
We ask that you complete the equal opportunities form when you submit your application. The information collected will be treated as confidential, used for statistical purposes only, and will not be treated as part of your application.
- Highly reputable classical music training
- Recent orchestral experience as a professional violinist
- Demonstrate being able to lead a violin section, both artistically and administratively
- Commitment to delivering a very high standard of work
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive working relationships including with other members of the orchestra and management/administrative team
- Respect for others demonstrated by being fully prepared to play at the start of every session
- Ability to understand and speak English
- Proven expertise in a broad range of musical and performance activities including education work and chamber music
- Considerable recent orchestral experience as a professional violinist.
- Alan Johnson
The CBSO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.