£34,987 / annum
- Application Deadline
The successful candidate will sit as No.5 in the First Violin section, sitting up to all positions up to No.2 (Associate Leader) as required.
The work commitment for Sub-Principal No.5 First Violin is 206 days within each contract year.
The CBSO offer a range of Continuous Professional Development opportunities to its musicians which includes work across the CBSO’s Learning and Participation Programme: Music & Ability (Disability Provision), Higher Education, Developing Talent, Families, Youth & Communities, Youth Orchestra and Choruses as well as chamber music opportunities.
Candidates should have experience of performing in symphony orchestras and evidence through their CV of excellence in performance in a professional context. The CBSO will also consider candidates who are in the early stages of their career and can clearly demonstrate their potential to fulfil the role.
- Highly reputable classical music training
- Recent orchestral experience as a professional violinist
- Commitment to delivering a very high standard of work
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Ability to develop positive working relationships including with other members of the orchestra and the management / administrative team
- Respect for others demonstrated by being fully prepared to play at the start of every session
- Ability to understand and to speak English
- Proven expertise in a broad range of musical and performance activities including education work and chamber music
- Considerable recent orchestral experience as a professional violinist
The CBSO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.