The CBSO is able to support the musical education and development of individuals and ensembles at Universities across the West Midlands through the development of bespoke activities to meet the specific requirements of our University partners.
CBSO musicians have a wealth of skills and talents that they can use to support university students’ instrumental, vocal and ensemble skills. Examples of just some of the activities we can provide are as follows:
or call 0121 616 6531 and a member of our Learning & Participation team will be happy to help.
- Orchestral sectionals led by CBSO musicians (either individual instruments or full wind, brass, string or percussion sectionals)
- Choral sectionals led by CBSO Chorus conductors
- Coaching for small ensembles e.g. string quartets, brass or wind quintets
- Masterclasses for the most talented instrumentalists
- Coaching for aspiring conductors - orchestral and choral
- Ensemble performances as part of a university chamber music series
- Side-by-side opportunities with members of the CBSO sitting in orchestral or ensemble rehearsals playing alongside students and providing informal mentoring
- Careers talks from members of the orchestra and wider CBSO staff to provide students with an understanding of the breadth of opportunities available within the creative industries, and classical music in particular