The Small Print
This page details terms and conditions relevant to CBSO ticket bookings, offers and competitions.
Please note that tickets for most CBSO events are sold through B:Music Box Office, and as such are also subject to the respective B:Music Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions also relate to attendance at performances in B:Music-owned venues. The CBSO has no policy control in external venues.
- The CBSO reserves the right to alter programmes and artists without notice.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable. If you feel unwell or have a high temperature, please do not attend the Symphony Hall. If you feel unwell prior to attending a concert for which you have tickets, please do not attend and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to credit the value of your tickets to your account so that you can use it on future ticket purchases.
- A per ticket commission applies - please see below for further information.
- Once you have booked tickets for a CBSO concert, your contact details will be held on the CBSO’s and B:Music’s marketing and box office databases
- You may receive details from both organisations about their future activities, using any of the contact methods you provided, unless you specify otherwise when booking.
- Other arts organisations and companies carefully selected by CBSO and B:Music may also be interested in sending you information on events and products they think will be of interest. If you do not want your details to be passed to other organisations please tell us at the time of booking.
- Lost tickets: there is a £2 charge for printing duplicate tickets.
- All tickets are subject to availability.
Family Concerts and Notelets
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- To check the suitability of a performance for your family, please enquire when booking.
- All children over aged 9+ months require a ticket for Notelets concerts.
- All CBSO performances at Symphony Hall and CBSO Centre are available to book under the groups discount, with the exception of Family, Schools & Notelets concerts. Contact B:Music Box Office on 0800 358 7070 to make your reservation or complete and return a Group Booking form.
- The groups discount of 20% applies to groups of 8+. Groups of 11+ also benefit from a reduced per ticket commission of £1 per ticket
- Two free tickets will be issued to groups purchasing 20 or more tickets for one concert
- You will need to confirm final numbers for your group at least 8 weeks in advance, and full payment must then be made.
- If you distribute your tickets in advance, please make a note of which group members are sitting in which seats on your group member seat allocation form, and return it to the address given on the form, in case any of your group mislay their tickets.
- Please note that if you are bringing a coach to Symphony Hall and would like to drop off outside the front doors, you will only be allowed access through the barrier if you have provided details of your coach company in advance to B:Music Box Office on 0800 358 7070 . Passes to guarantee your entrance through the barrier will be sent to you when registered.
- Package discounts are only available for main Season concerts, and tickets must be booked in one transaction to qualify for the package discounts.
- Package discounts cannot be combined with any other discount or concession, including Mystery Seats.
- You must book the same number of tickets per concert to quality for the package discounts. You may also book additional tickets at the same time as your concert package, but these will be charged at the full ticket price.
- If you are unable to attend a concert in your CBSO Concert Package, you can exchange to same-price seats for another CBSO-promoted concert at Symphony Hall in the same season, or use tickets as part-payment towards CBSO tickets of a higher value, subject to availability (with a limit of one exchange per ticket; subsequent exchanges will be charged at £3). To arrange an exchange call the Box Office on 0121 780 3333 at least 48 hours in advance of the concert from which you are exchanging. Tickets should be returned to B:Music Box Office, Symphony Hall, 8 Centenary Square, Birmingham B1 2EA, and must be received prior to the concert date in order for the exchange to be carried out. The Box Office reserves the right to refuse exchanges at shorter notice. Only tickets purchased as part of your CBSO Concert Package can be exchanged. Tickets bought as part of the January Sale are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Credit notes cannot be issued.
- Notelets, Centre Stage and Family Concerts are not eligible for concert package discount and associated benefits. Mystery Seats cannot be booked as part of a concert package.
- Vouchers may be used in full or part payment for CBSO concert promotions at Town Hall, Symphony Hall and CBSO Centre, Birmingham
- Vouchers may be redeemed at Town Hall or Symphony Hall Box Office in person or by post.
- If booking by post, please note that vouchers are sent through the post at the customer’s own risk. Please give details of what you wish to book - if the value of the tickets requested exceeds the value of the vouchers, please enclose a cheque made payable to Performances Birmingham Ltd to cover the excess.
- Do not send cash or credit card details through the post.
- Vouchers may not be used with online purchases.
- This voucher may not be exchanged for cash, either in whole or part.
- No change can be given.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced.
The below terms and conditions apply to all our competitions unless specified otherwise:
- Entry into any CBSO-promoted competition will be deemed as acceptance of the below terms and conditions.
- By entering the competition, entrants automatically give consent for their entries and any content thereof, including their name and other personal data, to be used in any and all CBSO publicity materials without notice or limitation
- Employees of the CBSO, their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition shall not be permitted to enter competitions.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter CBSO competitions.
- No entries to the competition will be permitted after the specified closing date. CBSO reserve the right to reject competition entries on these grounds. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason, even if beyond the entrant's control.
- Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Prizes are subject to availability and the CBSO reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without notice.
- Competitions run over multiple social media platforms class as one competition, with one overall prize.
- Unless otherwise specified, winners will be drawn at random.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of the winner all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified within 10 working days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 10 working days of notification, the CBSO reserves the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
- The CBSO reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- Invitations to members’ events are exclusive to existing members only.
- Non-members may only attend a members’ event when in the company of an existing member.
- When booking for an event you’ll receive a booking confirmation but we won’t issue any tickets. Your name will be added to a Guest List and you will be welcomed on arrival.
- Event bookings are processed in the order that they are received, on a first-come first-served basis.
- If an event is fully booked, you will be informed and asked if you would like your details to be added to a waiting list. If a place then becomes available you will be notified and only charged at that point (if the event is a chargeable event).
- Bookings are non-refundable. However, if you’re unable to attend an event please contact email@example.com in advance and we will be happy to credit the value of the event booking so that you can use it on a future member event. Credits cannot be used for any other type of booking.
Per Ticket Commission
A 'per ticket commission' is charged by the B:Music box office as follows:
A £3 per ticket commission is charged when you book through the B:Music Box Office – online, by phone or in person. Group Bookings, by phone or in person, are subject to a £1 per ticket commission. There is no per ticket commission on tickets priced £13 and under. The commission is included in the advertised ticket price.
Wheelchair spaces and disabled companion tickets must be booked over the phone by calling 0121 780 3333 or by visiting Symphony Hall in person. Wheelchair position tickets are subject to a £3 per ticket commission - no fee applies to free carer tickets.
No fee applies to tickets £13 and under (unless tickets are posted, in which case there is a postage fee of £1.50).
Click here to visit the Terms and Conditions page of the B:Music website for further information.